I’ve wanted to make banana bread for ages, my niece makes it look so easy, so I thought I should give it a go, I decided to make this banana bread after seeing the recipe on YouTube & I got their cookbook. This is the one I made.
Here’s what you need
- A mixing bowl
- An electric hand whisk or a whisk & incredibly strong arms
- A spatula to scrape the mixture off the sides of the bowl while mixing
- 2 loaf tins, plus butter & parchment to grease them (I used dairy free flora)
- A knife to loosen loaves when baked
- Measuring spoons & cups
- A bowl/plate & fork to mash bananas
- 1 1/2 cups of butter, softened (I used dairy free flora)
- 2 cups of sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 bananas, mashed (the browner, the better)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup of milk (I used almond milk)
- 2 tsp baking soda (I used baking powder)
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 cups of flour (I used self raising flour)
- Preheat your oven to approx 175 C fan, 350 F
- In the mixing bowl, whisk butter until creamy
- Add sugar & whisk together
- Add eggs, mashed banana, milk, vanilla extract, baking powder & salt, whisk together
- Add half the flour & whisk together, then add the remainder of the flour & whisk until mixed
- Grease both tins & fill them half way with the mixture
- Bake in the oven for 50 to 60 minutes, until done
- To check if they are done, stick a cocktail stick/toothpick in the centre & if it comes out clean, it’s done, the sides should also be coming away from the pan edges.
- Remove loaves from the tins & allow to cool (if you can wait that long).
I had some as soon as I took them out of the tin, still warm, with some butter on, it was delicious.
I had another serving later, after it had cooled down, also with butter on & it was still delicious.
If you make it, I’d love to hear about it.
Have a fabulous week.
Bye for now.