Morning my lovelies,
Well, it’s that time of year already & I’m so excited, I love, love, love Autumn, everything about it screams relaxation & Hygge to me. It makes me think of cosy nights in, wrapped up in a fleece blanket or woolly jumper, drinking my favourite cuppa something hot, probably a gingerbread latte, roasted hazelnut latte or honeycomb hot chocolate (it tastes just like a crunchy bar you know, mmm………mmmmmmmm), I also think of Halloween prep – pumpkin carving, cookie decorating, roasting pumpkin seeds, plus soup making & stew making, using my slow cooker.
I want to make some glorious memories this Autumn, this year has shown me just how precious life is, how little we are & insignificant the things we worry about are in the grand scheme of things.
I’ve got a real mixture of memory making ideas & a lot of them can be mixed together, which is a glorious thought.
Here’s some activities I’d like to do over Autumn
- Watch fireworks
- Have a Hygge day – wrapped up with a film & a cuppa
- Read a book
- Finish reading a book that has already been started
- Weekend trip somewhere
- Get an autumn Family photo
- Burn Autumn scented candles
- Collect pinecones, acorns etc.
- Go for lots of walks in the woods
- Decorate the house
- Take some Autumnal photos
- Start the Harry Potter film collection, to enable me to watch the entire collection before the new one comes out on 16th November (which means, if I only intend on watching 1 film a week at the weekend, we needed to watch the 1st one on Sunday 23rd Sept)
- Go on a picnic
- Go round the fair
- Host a games night
- Wear a dark lippy
- Start christmas shopping
- Sort works christmas party
- Make a thankful list
- Do a couples tag with Richard – would be funny
- Make a fuss of Richard for his birthday
- Celebrate my brothers 40th with him & others
- Do blogtober (blogging every week in October)
- Write the christmas cards
- Try & set up for blogmas (blogging every few days to a week in the advent of christmas)
- TRY to arrange a family christmas party
- Arrange to go christmas shopping with my sis (love doing this)
- Go for some cosy pub lunches
Some Autumn inspired food & drink ideas
- Make chicken stew
- Make homemade soup – farmhouse veg, spiced apple & parsnip, pumpkin
- Make an apple pie
- Bake some Recipe: Pumpkin flavour
- Make some chili
- Bake cinnamon buns
- Bake an apple and cinnamon crumble
- Toast marshmallows
- Make hot chocolate
- Drink some cider
Just a few things I’d like to do over the Halloween period
- Carve a pumpkin
- Roast pumpkin seeds.
- Get ready for my trick or treaters
- Watch Practical Magic, The Craft & Hocus Pocus.
- Go for a pumpkin spice latte
- Make a pumpkin pie
- Dress up for Halloween at work
- Maybe go trick or treating with the family
My absolutely favourite time of the year & I want to do so much in it that I need to make sure I don’t forget anything.
If I manage to do half this list, I’ll be so happy.
Bye for now.
~ Live Life With A Smile ~