If you’re christian or even if you’re not, you may have heard that the bible is full of words of encouragement & helpful advice. I know I have, it’s hard to imagine that a book can help in such a way but believe me, it can, I know that when I’m not feeling myself, through anxiety, stress or fear, after reading certain parts of my bible, I feel better, stronger!
I wanted to pass on some of that to you.
Here’s some bible verses that make a difference to how I feel…
- 1 Peter 5:7 (NIV) – Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you.
- Matthew 6:31 (NIV) – Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?
- 1 John 4:18 (NIV) – There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear because fear has to do with punishment . The one who fears is not made perfect in love.
- James 1:3 (NIV) – Because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.
- Matthew 7:7 (NIV) – Ask & it will be given to you, seek & you will find, knock & the door will be opened to you.
- 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV) – No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful, he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, He will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.
- 2 Timothy 1:7 (NIV) – For the spirit God gave us does not make us timid but gives us power, love & self-discipline.
- Philippians 4:6 (NIV) – Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer & petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
- Matthew 6:34 (NIV) – Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
There are plenty more but I felt like this was enough for you to be getting on with.
Reading my bible is not something that comes instantly to me when I’m under pressure, it’s something that I usually have to be reminded to do…I’m usually told to pray about it (give it to God) or/& read my bible, I use my bible app for specific needs though, because I can choose from a list of things to find the one I’m struggling with & it will bring up bible verses to help in that certain situation, where as, if I tried using my paper bible, I’d never find what I needed on my own.
I use a free bible app & it helps me out loads, I’m not at all good at picking up my bible to read it but I love doing devotionals & reading my daily bible verse on my app, the one I use is the YouVersion bible app. Why don’t you download it today & just have a look through some of the verses I mentioned, you can even look through the whole chapters to get more out of them.
If you read your bible or use a bible app, I’d love to hear of any verses that make you feel Gods love for you.
I hope you have a fabulous week.
Bye for now.
~ May God bless you & those you love ~